I got tagged a while back and, though I meant to, I never got around to answering. The reason I think I put it off is because I was having a hard time coming up with ten interesting things to say. I don't think I succeeded below, so don't expect much insight or hilarity.
Cubicle Reverend asks us to post ten guilty pleasures. By "guilty," I don't think he means "sinful," so don't expect any titillating confessions. These are in no particular order, by the way. And feel free to comment.
- I'm a cookie monster. Luv 'em. Gotta have 'um. Oreos are best. Next, Chips Ahoy. And thirdly, Nutter Butters.
- Scary movies. I'm not a major horror movie aficionado, but I do enjoy well-crafted movies and books that make you sit on the edge of your seat.
- Pulp fiction. I read more new books than old. I know, I know. How, you are wondering, can I live so far out on the edge. It's scary, man. But I firmly agree with C.S. Lewis that for every new book one reads, one should read an old one. I just don't always practice what I preach.
- XM satellite Radio. I love the variety, the options, and the complete 100% absence of ads. I have discovered so many wonderfully talented artists that I would never have found otherwise. Commercial radio is so inhuman, so cookie-cutter, so, so, so ... Commercial.
- Computer Games. At the end of a day of visiting the sick, attending meetings, researching, writing, answering the phone, etc., nothing is so relaxing as blowing up entire civilizations.
- People Magazine. Not great literature, I'll grant you. But notice the long line of very heady journals I read every week and then give me a break. I don't care about the Hollywood gossip (pathetic really), but I like keeping up on the latest happenings in TV, movies, music, books, etc.
- Dark & bitter coffee.
- Dark & bitter beer.
- Dark & bitter chocolate. (I guess I'm just a dark and bitter person).
- Cats. Some people are dog people. Others are cat people. I love both. But my kitties are special.