My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://burrintheburgh.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Did I Really Say That...?

The Gitmo prisoner who'd originally accused his captors of flushing the Koran in a toilet as a means of intimidation has now recanted. At least that's what the Pentagon now says. I noticed that yesterday's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette top front-page headline was about supposed FBI corroboration of the original claim. Today's headline was about Bolton, but a smaller headline - still front page and above the fold - did at least allude to this new information.

Hugh Hewitt, in his important new book Blog: Understanding the Information Reformation That's Changing Your World, says that mainstream media (MSM) is increasingly impotent. News cycles are not 24 hours, but 15 seconds or less. So while I knew about the Pentagon's latest claim yesterday from scanning the blogosphere, this morning's paper includes an editorial by E.J. Dionne Jr. based on the now irrelevant FBI documents released yesterday. Hewitt offers the frankly indisputable argument that blogging makes the morning paper taste like day-old bread (and the news weeklies like stale week-old hot dog buns - And not the kind you keep around to make into homemade croutons either).

Of course, I realize the Pentagon could be lying, but who should I give the benefit of a doubt to? The Pentagon or Al Quaeda?

Don't like the news? Wait five minutes. It may well change again.

Hat Tip to Michelle Malkin.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Preachrboy said...

I often find this to be the case too, Scott. Not only blogging, but just regular online MSM news sites are often more current - or my "My Yahoo" AP News feed.

I still end up reading the insufferably liberal local paper, though. But mostly for the local interest stories, obituaries and opinion.

New Curriculum at Concordia Theological Seminary