My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://burrintheburgh.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Juvenile Culture

Kudos to John Leo for a balanced editorial in the Wall Street Journal. He tackles the thesis of a new book which asserts that today's adults are basically still adolescents who never grew up . . . and that's a bad thing.

At first, I thought I was going to agree with the book and that his essay was a puff piece. But, I think he makes a fair argument that this may not be your grandfather's America - and that's not all bad.

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't see Leo's remarks as
"a balanced editorial".
One comment in the The "read responses" section takes him to task for shallowness, and that he perhaps he did not bother to read past Chapter 2. The other comments
reflect similar support for Diana
West's book and thesis. I join them
in believing that she is"right on!"

Doorman-Priest said...

Well, QED: I'm still 19 in my head however much older I am chronologically.


Check out my new Lutheran blog on:
http://theworldofdoorman-priest.blogspot.com

Blessings
D.P.

New Curriculum at Concordia Theological Seminary