My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://burrintheburgh.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Apologetics Site

A man named Scott Diekmann contacted me today to inform me of his group's website called Sound Witness. I haven't had the chance to look at their material yet, so please don't assume I agree with every jot and tittle. However, just from my quick glance, it looks to me like these guys have something helpful to offer. I encourage you to take a look at their material. I'm particularly interesting in the article on the emerging church movement.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Charles H. said...

For a moment I thought you meant the (excellent!) local Christian band "ApologetiX" and their Web site...

Well, for those who haven't heard of them, check them out: it's a Pittsburgh-based band that rewrites pop music to have thought-provoking Christian lyrics. I know, I know, sounds hokey... but these guys actually have the talent to pull it off. Somehow they maintain the original rhyme scheme and even the "flavor" of the song, while completely changing the meaning. A few examples: "Monkees' Theme" (remember the Sixties TV show?) becomes "Monkey Scheme," a commentary on Darwinism; "Story of a Girl" becomes "Story of a Squirrel," about Noah's ark; and so on.

Aaaanyway, the site you linked looked interesting -- there has been a "response to the cults" website at www.carm.org for a long time, but a Lutheran response to the door-to-door cult recruiters would be handy. I do wish the pages were available in HTML, though, for easier access.

New Curriculum at Concordia Theological Seminary