My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://burrintheburgh.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Why Go See "United 93"?

On yesterday's post regarding the movie United 93, a friend left a simple comment. I said people should go see the film and he asked why. Here is what I wrote in response:

Pastor Peperkorn,
Fair Question. First, it's a powerful and moving story. But I don't think I've ever seen a movie about such a topic that was so detached and w/o commentary. It's like you're just standing there witnessing what's going on. None of the people seem like actors at all. It is nothing like any Hollywood film I've ever seen. Almost documentary-like. Without all the cinematic tricks to manipulate your emotions, you are left to react purely to the events. I think it's masterfully done, frankly.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

RC said...

I think this film was excellent...I really enjoyed it much more than I thought I would and it was an excellent example of tasteful film making and story telling...with a very tough subject.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

New Curriculum at Concordia Theological Seminary