My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://burrintheburgh.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

What Else is Out There?

Since I am new to blogging, I have been amazed by some of the awesome Lutheran blogs that are out there. I encourage you to check out the links I post to the right. But here are a few recent highlights:

  • Pastor Tom Chryst in Racine, WI over at Preachrblog posts some very edifying sermons and original hymns he has written. I keep meaning to ask his permission to use his hymns in our worship service here. And he said some nice things about the Burr.

  • Seminarian Steve Parks over at Sceleratissimus Lutheranus has been writing some interesting things about Mormonism.

  • Pastor Jack Kozak from Akron, OH has a very cleverly titled blog: Pastor Kozak. I giggled furiously reading his "Latin You Can Use."
There's a ton more cool stuff out there in the Lutheran Blogosphere; I recommend you "do something while you're doing nothing" and check it out.

Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Preachrboy said...

Use away. I do the whole copyright thing since I may collect them all and try to get 'em published someday, somewhere, somehow...

The idea is to do the whole 3 year cycle using borrowed tunes. Of course, with the new hymnal coming out, the timing is a bit poor. But they are also very helpful in sermon preparation. Writing a hymn really makes you boil down the "essence" of a text. At least, that's the way I try to do it.

I have been meaning include the "rational" for my hymns on the Hymn Index blog... maybe soon I'll get to that.

Anonymous said...

define a lutheran blog, is it a blog about lutheran stuff, or blogs by a Lutheran? I found one at http://beerisforamateurs.blogspot.com/ it is intersting.

ghp said...

Nice blogsite you've got here, Rev. Stiegemeyer. And it's quite impressive just how much traffic you've generated in the short time you've been online!

There's a thriving orthodox Lutheran community in the blogosphere, and I'm glad to see that you've thrown your hat into the ring -- I look forward to reading your posts.

If you get the chance, please feel free to come over & check out my blog, Territorial Bloggings -- I've been in a bit of a theological dry spell of late, which (I hope) explains the recent preponderance of American Idol commentary... ;-)

-ghp

New Curriculum at Concordia Theological Seminary